Saturday, July 24, 2010

Waiting for Life to Begin

So I'm moving back to Los Angeles. Like an adult, not with an expiration date. It's still sinking in.

I am both terribly off-put by the idea and incredibly excited.

On the one hand, LA is a dirty, crowded, expensive, depressing, soul-crushing city.
On the other, I started a life here in college and haven't felt much like I've been living my own life ever since I left; I have felt it put on hold, like I'm waiting for something.

I keep getting caught up in "this is just a transition" thoughts, which in some ways is true.  I keep thinking this is just a dress rehearsal, that life hasn't really begun, so keep on twiddling your thumbs waiting for the next round of musical chairs. 

We're always waiting for our lives to begin, figuring we'll be someone else some day. But all we have is now.

live your life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment